[openstack-dev] [tripleo-ansible] Future plans

Jill Rouleau jillr at redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 18:09:30 UTC 2018

Hi Martin,On Mon, 2018-09-03 at 21:16 +0200, Martin Magr wrote:
> Gretings,
>
>   since I did not find any blueprint regarding proper usage of
> tripleo-ansible, I would like to ask how exactly we plan to use
> tripleo-ansible project, what should be the proper structure of
> roles/playbooks, etc. Given the discussion in [1] it is the best place
> for backup and restore playbooks and I'd like to start preparing
> patches for B&R. Currently the development being done in [2], but I
> hope that is only temporary location.

I've added the backup task example to the ansible roles blueprint[0].

Generally you'll want to add your tasks, variables, role-specific
handlers, etc to the appropriate ansible role repo (in this
case ansible-role-openstack-operations) and the playbooks for using
those role tasks to the tripleo-ansible project repo.

TripleO-specific shared handlers/libraries/etc - things your playbooks
will use that are not specific to one single role - would also go in the
tripleo-ansible repo.

[0] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/ansible-tasks-to-role