[openstack-dev] Call for OpenStack Outreachy internship project proposals and funding

Mahati C mahati.chamarthy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 13:49:24 UTC 2018

Hello everyone!

An update on the Outreachy program, including a request for volunteer
mentors and funding.

Outreachy <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Outreachy> helps people from
underrepresented groups get involved in free and open source software by
matching interns with established mentors in the upstream community.
OpenStack is a participating organization in the Outreachy Dec 2018 to Mar
2019 internships. If you're interested to be a mentor, please publish your
project ideas on this page
https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/openstack/submit-project/. Here
is a link that helps you get acquainted with mentorship process:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Outreachy/Mentors.

We have funding for two interns so far. We are looking for additional
sponsors to help support OpenStack applicants. The sponsorship cost is
6,500 USD per intern, which is used to provide them a stipend for the
three-month program. You can learn more about sponsorship here:
https://www.outreachy.org/sponsor/ . Outreachy has been one of the most
important and effective diversity efforts we’ve invested in. We have had
many interns turn into long term OpenStack contributors. Please help spread
the word.

If you are interested in becoming a mentor or sponsoring an intern, please
contact me (mahati.chamarthy AT intel.com) or Sameul ( samueldmq AT
gmail.com ). Thank you!

Best,
Mahati