[openstack-dev] [tripleo] reducing our upstream CI footprint

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 17:20:48 UTC 2018

Hey everyone,

Based on previous emails around this[0][1], I have proposed a possible
reducing in our usage by switching the scenario001--011 jobs to
non-voting and removing them from the gate[2]. This will reduce the
likelihood of causing gate resets and hopefully allow us to land
corrective patches sooner.  In terms of risks, there is a risk that we
might introduce breaking changes in the scenarios because they are
officially non-voting, and we will still be gating promotions on these
scenarios.  This means that if they are broken, they will need the
same attention and care to fix them so we should be vigilant when the
jobs are failing.

The hope is that we can switch these scenarios out with voting
standalone versions in the next few weeks, but until that I think we
should proceed by removing them from the gate.  I know this is less
than ideal but as most failures with these jobs in the gate are either
timeouts or unrelated to the changes (or gate queue), they are more of
hindrance than a help at this point.

Thanks,
-Alex

[0] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-October/136141.html