[openstack-dev] [Edge-computing][tripleo][FEMDC] IEEE Fog Computing: Call for Contributions - Deadline Approaching

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobreli at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 16:53:38 UTC 2018

I forgot to mention the submission registration and abstract has to be
submitted today. I've created it as #1570506394, and the paper itself
can be uploaded until the Nov 8 (or Nov 9 perhaps as the registration
system shows to me). I'm not sure that paper number is searchable
publicly, so here is the paper name and abstract for your kind review
please:

name: "Edge clouds control plane and management data consistency challenges"
abstract: "Fog computing is emerging Cloud of (Edge) Clouds technology.
Its control plane and deployments data synchronization is a major
challenge. Autonomy requirements expect even the most distant edge sites
always manageable, available for monitoring and alerting, scaling
up/down, upgrading and applying security fixes. Whenever temporary
disconnected sites are managed locally or centrally, some changes and
data need to be eventually synchronized back to the central site(s) with
having its merge-conflicts resolved for the central data hub(s). While
some data needs to be pushed from the central site(s) to the Edge, which
might require resolving data collisions at the remote sites as well. In
this paper, we position the outstanding data synchronization problems
for OpenStack cloud platform becoming a solution number one for fog
computing. We outline the data consistency requirements and design
approaches to meet the AA (Always Available) autonomy expectations.
Finally, the paper brings the vision of unified tooling, which solves
the data synchronization problems the same way for infrastructure
owners, IaaS cloud operators and tenants running workloads for PaaS like
OpenShift or Kubernetes deployed on top of OpenStack. The secondary goal
of this work is to help cloud architects and developers to federate
stateful cloud components over reliable distributed data backends and
having its failure modes known."
Thank you  for your time, if still reading this.

--
Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,