[openstack-dev] [tripleo][openstack-ansible][nova][placement] Owners needed for placement extraction upgrade deployment tooling

Eduardo Gonzalez dabarren at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 09:44:50 UTC 2018

Hi, from kolla side I've started the work.

In kolla images [0] for now only placement is separated to an independent
image, only source is code is being installed, binary still uses
nova-placement packages until a binary package exists from the debian and
centos families.

In kolla-ansible [1] placement service has been moved into a separate role
applied just before nova.

Things missing for now:
- Binary packages from distributions
- Run db syncs as there is not command for that yet in the master branch
- Apply upgrade process for db changes

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/613589/
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/613629/

Regards