[openstack-dev] [tripleo][openstack-ansible][nova][placement] Owners needed for placement extraction upgrade deployment tooling

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Oct 30 18:41:17 UTC 2018

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018, Mohammed Naser wrote:

> We spoke about this today in the OpenStack Ansible meeting, we've come
> up with the following steps:

Great! Thank you, Guilherme, and Lee very much.

> 1) Create a role for placement which will be called `os_placement`
> located in `openstack/openstack-ansible-os_placement`
> 2) Integrate that role with the OSA master and stop using the built-in
> placement service
> 3) Update the playbooks to handle upgrades and verify using our
> periodic upgrade jobs

Makes sense.

> The difficult task really comes in the upgrade jobs, I really hope
> that we can get some help on this as this probably puts a bit of a
> load already on Guilherme, so anyone up to look into that part when
> the first 2 are completed? :)

The upgrade-nova script in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/604454/
has been written to make it pretty clear what each of the steps
mean. With luck those steps can translate to both the ansible and
tripleo environments.

Please feel free to add me to any of the reviews and come calling in
#openstack-placement with questions if there are any.