[openstack-dev] [puppet][tripleo] puppet 5.5.7 breaks a bunch of stuff

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 18:29:42 UTC 2018

Just a heads up. I've been battling with some unit test issues with
the latest version of puppet 5.5.  I've proposed some fixes[0][1], but
it appears that there is a larger issue with legacy functions which
affects the stable branches.  I've reported the issues[2][3] upstream
to Puppetlabs, but it'll likely be some time before we have any
resolution. In the mean time I would recommend pinning to 5.5.6 if
possible.

Thanks,
-Alex

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/puppet-nova/+bug/1799757