[openstack-dev] Proposal for a process to keep up with Python releases

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Oct 22 19:09:47 UTC 2018

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018, at 7:33 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 10/19/18 5:17 PM, Zane Bitter wrote:

snip

> > Integration Tests
> >
> > Integration tests do test, amongst other things, integration with
> > non-openstack-supplied things in the distro, so it's important that we
> > test on the actual distros we have identified as popular.[2] It's also
> > important that every project be testing on the same distro at the end of
> > a release, so we can be sure they all work together for users.
>
> I find very disturbing to see the project only leaning toward these only
> 2 distributions. Why not SuSE & Debian?

It has to do with previous statements about distro support from the TC: https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/project-testing-interface.html#linux-distributions is the [2] above. Changing this would be an orthogonal piece of work even though there is relationship between the two topics. Zane's proposal can accommodate change in the distro support assertion, but is focused on figuring out which python versions to test with that as one of the inputs.

Clark