[openstack-dev] [cyborg] [nova] Poll: Name for VARs

Nadathur, Sundar sundar.nadathur at intel.com
Mon Oct 22 18:37:14 UTC 2018

Hi,
The name VAR (Virtual Accelerator Request) is introduced in
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/603955/. It came up during the Stein
PTG and is being used by default, but some folks have said they find the
name VAR to be confusing. I would like to resolve this to completion, so
that whatever name we choose is not subject to recurrent debates in the
future.

Here is a poll for Cyborg and Nova developers to indicate their
preferences for existing or proposed options:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/179Q8J9qIJNOiVm86K7bWPxo7otTsU18XVCI32V77JaU/edit?usp=sharing

1. Please add your name, if not already listed, and please feel free to
propose additional options as you see fit.
2. The voting is by rank -- 1 indicates most preferred.
3. If you strongly oppose a term, you may say 'No' and justify with a
comment.
    (Comments are added by pressing Ctrl-Alt-M on a cell.)

I'll keep this open for a minimum of two days and possibly for a week
depending on feedback.

Regards,
Sundar