[openstack-dev] [oslo][taskflow] Thoughts on moving taskflow out of openstack/oslo

Adam Harwell flux.adam at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 00:38:40 UTC 2018

Octavia relies heavily on Taskflow and Futurist as well. Personally I agree
with basically everything Monty said earlier. The problem here really isn't
anything besides relaxing the social review policy, which is as simple as
just deciding it as a team and saying "well, ok then". :)

I also use a number of openstack libs outside of openstack to great effect
and have had no problems to speak of, so I don't really think this should
be a concern. I know it can be daunting to first enter the dev/review
process because it is so different from the workflow most people are used
to, but this is a problem that can be solved by having good docs (I think
the existing developer quickstart docs are very effective) and maintaining
an open and welcoming community.

    --Adam