[openstack-dev] Proposal for a process to keep up with Python releases

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Oct 19 18:58:50 UTC 2018

On 19/10/2018 18.30, Clark Boylan wrote:
 > [...]
> Because zuul config is branch specific we could set up every project to use a `openstack-python3-jobs` template then define that template differently on each branch. This would mean you only have to update the location where the template is defined and not need to update every other project after cutting a stable branch. I would suggest we take advantage of that to reduce churn.

Alternative we have a single "openstack-python3-jobs" template in an
unbranched repo like openstack-zuul-jobs and define different jobs per
branch.

The end result would be the same, each repo uses the same template and
no changes are needed for the repo when branching...

Andreas
        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)