[openstack-dev] [cinder] [nova] Problem of Volume(in-use) Live Migration with ceph backend

Boxiang Zhu bxzhu_5355 at 163.com
Fri Oct 19 15:21:01 UTC 2018

Hi melanie, thanks for your reply.

The version of my cinder and nova is Rocky. The scope of the cinder spec[1]
is only for available volume migration between two pools from the same ceph cluster.
If the volume is in-use status[2], it will call the generic migration function. So that as you
describe it, on the nova side, it raises NotImplementedError(_("Swap only supports host devices").
The get_config of net volume[3] has not source_path.

So does anyone try to succeed to migrate volume(in-use) with ceph backend or is anyone doing something of it?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/296150
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/256091/23/cinder/volume/drivers/rbd.py
[3] https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/stable/rocky/nova/virt/libvirt/volume/net.py#L101

Cheers,