[openstack-dev] [cinder] [nova] Problem of Volume(in-use) Live Migration with ceph backend

Boxiang Zhu bxzhu_5355 at 163.com
Fri Oct 19 03:33:52 UTC 2018

Hi folks,
    When I use the LVM backend to create the volume, then attach it to a vm. I can migrate the volume(in-use) from one host to another. The nova libvirt will call the 'rebase' to finish it. But if using ceph backend, it raises exception 'Swap only supports host devices'. So now it does not support to migrate volume(in-use). Does anyone do this work now? Or Is there any way to let me migrate volume(in-use) with ceph backend?

Cheers,
Boxiang