[openstack-dev] [senlin] Senlin Monthly(ish) Newsletter Oct 2018

Duc Truong duc.openstack at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 22:29:49 UTC 2018

HTML: https://dkt26111.wordpress.com/2018/10/17/senlin-monthlyish-newsletter-october-2018/

This is the October edition of the Senlin monthly(ish) newsletter.
The goal of the newsletter is to highlight happenings in the Senlin
project.  If you have any feedback or questions regarding the
contents, please feel free to reach out to me in the #senlin IRC
channel.

News
----

* There will be no Senlin meeting this week (Friday October 19, 2018)
  because I'm unavailable this week.  We will resume regular meetings
  next week.
* Autoscaling forum has been scheduled for the Berlin Summit
  (https://www.openstack.org/summit/berlin-2018/summit-schedule/events/22753/autoscaling-integration-improvement-and-feedback).
  Add your comments/feedback to this etherpad:
  https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/autoscaling-integration-and-feedback

Blueprint Status
----------------

* Fail fast locked resource
  - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/senlin/+spec/fail-fast-locked-resource
  - Implementation is completed and has been merged.
  - Working on documentation and release notes.

* Multiple detection modes
  - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/senlin/+spec/multiple-detection-modes
  - Implementation is completed and has been merged.
  - Working on documentation and release notes.

* Fail-fast on cooldown for scaling operations
  - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/senlin/+spec/scaling-action-acceptance
  - Implementation is completed.
  - Waiting for more reviews:
    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/585573/

* OpenStackSDK support senlin function test
  - Basic test cases have been implemented and merged:
    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/607061/

* Senlin add support use limit return
  - Waiting for blueprint submission.

* Add zun driver in senlin, use zun manager container
  - Waiting for blueprint submission.

Community Goal Status
---------------------

* Python 3
  - All patches by Python 3 goal champions for zuul migration,
    documentation and unit test changes have been merged.

* Upgrade Checkers
  - No work has started on this. If you like to help out with this
    task, please let me know.

Recently Merged Changes

* Multiple detection mode support was added as part of the same
  blueprint: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/589990/.
  This change introduces version 1.1 of the health policy that includes
  breaking changes affecting clusters using the health policy version
  1.0.  We are working to address this issue.