[openstack-dev] [kolla] add service discovery, proxysql, vault, fabio and FQDN endpoints

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Wed Oct 17 16:07:07 UTC 2018

No, I mean, Consul would be an extra dependency in a big list of dependencies OpenStack already has. OpenStack has so many it is causing operators to reconsider adoption. I'm asking, if existing dependencies can be made to solve the problem without adding more?

Stateful dependencies are much harder to deal with then stateless ones, as they take much more operator care/attention. Consul is stateful as is etcd, and etcd is already a dependency.

Can etcd be used instead so as not to put more load on the operators?

Thanks,
Kevin