[openstack-dev] [kolla] add service discovery, proxysql, vault, fabio and FQDN endpoints

Florian Engelmann florian.engelmann at everyware.ch
Wed Oct 17 13:45:25 UTC 2018

> On 10.10.2018 09:06, Florian Engelmann wrote:
>> Now I get you. I would say all configuration templates need to be
>> changed to allow, eg.
>>
>> $ grep http /etc/kolla/cinder-volume/cinder.conf
>> glance_api_servers = http://10.10.10.5:9292
>> auth_url = http://internal.somedomain.tld:35357
>> www_authenticate_uri = http://internal.somedomain.tld:5000
>> auth_url = http://internal.somedomain.tld:35357
>> auth_endpoint = http://internal.somedomain.tld:5000
>>
>> to look like:
>>
>> glance_api_servers = http://glance.service.somedomain.consul:9292
>> auth_url = http://keystone.service.somedomain.consul:35357
>> www_authenticate_uri = http://keystone.service.somedomain.consul:5000
>> auth_url = http://keystone.service.somedomain.consul:35357
>> auth_endpoint = http://keystone.service.somedomain.consul:5000
>>

> The idea with Consul looks interesting.
>
> But I don't get your issue with VIP address and spine-leaf network.
>
> What we have:
> - controller1 behind leaf1 A/B pair with MLAG
> - controller2 behind leaf2 A/B pair with MLAG
> - controller3 behind leaf3 A/B pair with MLAG
>
> The VIP address is active on one controller server.
> When the server fail then the VIP will move to another controller server.
> Where do you see a SPOF in this configuration?

So leaf1 2 and 3 have to share the same L2 domain, right (in IPv4 network)?

But we wanna deploy a layer3 spine-leaf network were every leaf is it's
own L2 domain and everything above is layer3.

eg:

leaf1 = 10.1.1.0/24
leaf2 = 10.1.2.0/24
leaf2 = 10.1.3.0/24

So a VIP like, eg. 10.1.1.10 could only exist in leaf1