[openstack-dev] [oslo][glance][cinder][nova][keystone] healthcheck

Florian Engelmann florian.engelmann at everyware.ch
Tue Oct 16 13:48:33 UTC 2018

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. Keystone healthcheck is
working fine and as you said out of the box. I got trouble with, eg.
neutron-server and cinder-api. While nova is happy with:

[filter:healthcheck]
paste.filter_factory = oslo_middleware:Healthcheck.factory
backends = disable_by_file
disable_by_file_path = /var/log/kolla/nova/healthcheck_disable

and some changes to the pipeline:

[pipeline:oscomputeversions]
pipeline = healthcheck cors faultwrap request_log http_proxy_to_wsgi
oscomputeversionapp

I was not able to get the same thing working with neutron-server as it's
paste configuration is very different:

[composite:neutron]
use = egg:Paste#urlmap
/: neutronversions_composite
/v2.0: neutronapi_v2_0

[composite:neutronapi_v2_0]
use = call:neutron.auth:pipeline_factory
noauth = cors http_proxy_to_wsgi request_id catch_errors extensions
neutronapiapp_v2_0
keystone = cors http_proxy_to_wsgi request_id catch_errors authtoken
keystonecontext extensions neutronapiapp_v2_0

[composite:neutronversions_composite]
use = call:neutron.auth:pipeline_factory
noauth = cors http_proxy_to_wsgi neutronversions
keystone = cors http_proxy_to_wsgi neutronversions

[filter:request_id]
paste.filter_factory = oslo_middleware:RequestId.factory

[filter:catch_errors]
paste.filter_factory = oslo_middleware:CatchErrors.factory

[filter:cors]
paste.filter_factory = oslo_middleware.cors:filter_factory
oslo_config_project = neutron

[filter:http_proxy_to_wsgi]
paste.filter_factory =
oslo_middleware.http_proxy_to_wsgi:HTTPProxyToWSGI.factory

[filter:keystonecontext]
paste.filter_factory = neutron.auth:NeutronKeystoneContext.factory

[filter:authtoken]
paste.filter_factory = keystonemiddleware.auth_token:filter_factory

[filter:extensions]
paste.filter_factory =
neutron.api.extensions:plugin_aware_extension_middleware_factory

[app:neutronversions]
paste.app_factory = neutron.pecan_wsgi.app:versions_factory

[app:neutronapiapp_v2_0]
paste.app_factory = neutron.api.v2.router:APIRouter.factory

[filter:osprofiler]
paste.filter_factory = osprofiler.web:WsgiMiddleware.factory

#[filter:healthcheck]
#paste.filter_factory = oslo_middleware:Healthcheck.factory
#backends = disable_by_file
#disable_by_file_path = /var/log/kolla/neutron/healthcheck_disable

I did read the oslo middleware documentation a couple of times but I
still don't get what to do to enable the healthcheck API with
neutron-server.

Is there any "tutorial" that could help?

Am 10/12/18 um 7:50 PM schrieb Morgan Fainberg:
> Keystone no longer uses paste (since Rocky) as paste is unmaintained.
> The healthcheck app is permanently enabled for keystone at
> <keystone_url_base>/healthcheck. We chose to make it a default bit of
> functionality in how we have Keystone deployed. We also have unit tests
> in place to ensure we don't regress and healthcheck changes behavior
> down the line (future releases). You should be able to configure
> additional bits for healthcheck in keystone.conf (e.g. detailed mode,
> disable-by-file, etc).
>
> Cheers,
> --Morgan
>
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 3:07 AM Florian Engelmann
> <florian.engelmann at everyware.ch <mailto:florian.engelmann at everyware.ch>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I tried to configure the healthcheck framework (/healthcheck) for nova,
>     cinder, glance and keystone but it looks like paste is not used with
>     keystone anymore?
>
>     https://github.com/openstack/keystone/commit/8bf335bb015447448097a5c08b870da8e537a858
>
>     In our rocky deployment the healthcheck is working for keystone only
>     and
>     I failed to configure it for, eg. nova-api.
>
>     Nova seems to use paste?
>
>     Is there any example nova api-paste.ini with the olso healthcheck
>     middleware enabled? To documentation is hard to understand - at least
>     for me.
>
>     Thank you for your help.
>
>     All the best,
>     Florian