[openstack-dev] [python3] Enabling py37 unit tests

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Oct 16 00:15:42 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-15 17:34:24 -0400 (-0400), Corey Bryant wrote:
[...]
> I was assuming the desire to keep 3.5 stein support was for other distros
> that plan to support stein with 3.5.

If there are other distros which are planning to support OpenStack
Stein on Python 3.5, then they should work with us to get testing in
place on systems running their distro. That said, I'd be surprised
if a new LTS server release of a distro targets Python 3.5... it's
already over 3 years old, and 3.3 and 3.4 each got roughly 5 years
before EOL so I'd expect 3.5 to no longer be supported upstream past
September 2020.
--
Jeremy Stanley