[openstack-dev] [infra] Polygerrit (was: [oslo][taskflow] Thoughts on moving taskflow out of openstack/oslo)

Stephen Finucane sfinucan at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 10:54:28 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-10-10 at 13:35 -0500, Greg Hill wrote:
> > If it's just about preferring the pull request workflow versus the
> > Gerrit rebase workflow, just say so. Same for just preferring the Github
> > UI versus Gerrit's UI (which I agree is awful).
>
> I mean, yes, I personally prefer the Github UI and workflow, but that
> was not a primary consideration. I got used to using gerrit well
> enough. It was mostly the  There's also a sense that if a project is
> in the Openstack umbrella, it's not useful outside Openstack, and
> Taskflow is designed to be a general purpose library. The hope is
> that just making it a regular open source project might attract more
> users and contributors. This may or may not bear out, but as it is,
> there's no real benefit to staying an openstack project on this front
> since nobody is actively working on it within the community.

As an aside, are there any plans to enable PolyGerrit [1] in the
OpenStack Gerrit instance? The Gerrit documentation lists the feature
as a beta [2], but I suspect that might be out-of-date given how long
it's been around and folks suggesting the opposite elsewhere [3].

Stephen

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsPhoPGUsss
[2] https://www.gerritcodereview.com/dev-polygerrit.html#
[3] https://gitenterprise.me/2018/04/23/gerrithub-adopts-100-polygerrit/