[openstack-dev] [tc][all] meetings outside IRC

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Oct 13 23:28:28 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-13 23:29:46 +0200 (+0200), Mohammed Naser wrote:
> I was going over our governance documents, more specifically this
> section:
>
> "All project meetings are held in public IRC channels and
> recorded."
>
> Does this mean that all official projects are *required* to hold
> their project meetings over IRC?

If an official project team holds a regular official team meeting,
then it needs to be in a public IRC channel with published logs
(either the channel log or a log specific to the meeting).

> Is this a hard requirement or is this something that we're a bit
> more 'lax about?
[...]

We've not generally required this of auxiliary meetings for official
teams. Sub-team meetings and unofficial/ad-hoc team discussions over
conference call or video chat media have been tolerated in the past.
But for an official team meeting (if the team regularly holds one)
we've stuck to the quoted expectation as a requirement as far as I'm
aware.
--
Jeremy Stanley