[openstack-dev] [python3] Enabling py37 unit tests

Corey Bryant corey.bryant at canonical.com
Fri Oct 12 15:19:35 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 8:59 AM Corey Bryant <corey.bryant at canonical.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:19 AM Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/10/2018 23.10, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
>> > I might have only pointed this out on IRC so far, but the
>> > expectation is that testing 3.5 and 3.6 at the same time was merely
>> > transitional since official OpenStack projects should be moving
>> > their testing from Ubuntu Xenial (which provides 3.5) to Ubuntu
>> > Bionic (which provides 3.6 and, now, 3.7 as well) during the Stein
>> > cycle and so will drop 3.5 testing on master in the process.
>>
>> Agreed, this needs some larger communication and explanation on what to
>> do,
>>

> The good news is we now have an initial change underway and successful,
> dropping py35 and enabling py37: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/609557/
>
> I'm happy to get things moving along and start proposing changes like this
> to other projects and communicating with PTLs along the way. Do you think
> we need more discussion/communication on this or should I get started?
>
> Thanks,
> Corey

We have a story to track this now at:
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004073

I think we will just get started on proposing changes. I've had a couple of
folks ask if they can help out which is great so we will start to chip away
at the story above. We'll also contact PTLs as we start working on projects
in case they haven't seen this thread.

Of course if anyone objects to us moving forward, please feel free to let
us know.

Thanks,
Corey