[openstack-dev] [tripleo][ci] Having more that one queue for gate pipeline at tripleo

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Thu Oct 11 14:17:32 UTC 2018

On 10/11/18 8:53 AM, Felix Enrique Llorente Pastora wrote:
> So for example, I don't see why changes at tripleo-quickstart can be
> reset if tripleo-ui fails, this is the kind of thing that maybe can be
> optimize.

Because if two incompatible changes are proposed to tripleo-quickstart
and tripleo-ui and both end up in parallel gate queues at the same time,
it's possible both queues could get wedged. Quickstart and the UI are
not completely independent projects. Quickstart has roles for deploying
the UI, which means there is a connection there.

I think the only way you could have independent gate queues is if you
had two disjoint sets of projects that could be gated without any use of
projects from the other set. I don't think it's possible to divide
TripleO in that way, but if I'm wrong then maybe you could do multiple
queues.