[openstack-dev] [ironic] Stepping down as core

Sam Betts (sambetts) sambetts at cisco.com
Thu Oct 11 11:40:54 UTC 2018

As many of you will have seen on IRC, I've mostly been appearing AFK for the last couple of development cycles. Due to other tasks downstream most of my attention has been drawn away from upstream Ironic development. Going forward I'm unlikely to be as heavily involved with the Ironic project as I have been in the past, so I am stepping down as a core contributor to make way for those more involved and with more time to contribute.

That said I do not intend to disappear, Myself and my colleagues plan to continue to support the Cisco Ironic drivers, we just won't be so heavily involved in core ironic development and its worth noting that although I might appear AFK on IRC because my main focus is on other things, I always have an ear to the ground and direct pings will generally reach me.

I will be in Berlin for the OpenStack summit, so to those that are attending I hope to see you there.

The Ironic project has been (and I hope continues to be) an awesome place to contribute too, thank you

Sam Betts
sambetts