[openstack-dev] [python3] Enabling py37 unit tests

Goutham Pacha Ravi gouthampravi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 23:35:38 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 2:10 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2018-10-10 16:00:40 -0500 (-0500), Sean McGinnis wrote:
> [...]
> > I would rather see us testing 3.5 and 3.7 versus 3.5, 3.6, and
> > 3.7.
> [...]
>
> I might have only pointed this out on IRC so far, but the
> expectation is that testing 3.5 and 3.6 at the same time was merely
> transitional since official OpenStack projects should be moving
> their testing from Ubuntu Xenial (which provides 3.5) to Ubuntu
> Bionic (which provides 3.6 and, now, 3.7 as well) during the Stein
> cycle and so will drop 3.5 testing on master in the process.

++ on switching python3.5 jobs to testing with python3.7 on Bionic.
python3.5 wasn't supported on all distros [1][2][3][4][5]. Xenial had it,
so it was nice to test with it when developing Queens and Rocky.

Thanks Corey for starting this effort. I proposed changes to
manila repos to use your template [1] [2], but the interpreter's not
being installed,
do you need to make any bindep changes to enable the "universe" ppa and install
python3.7 and python3.7-dev?

[1] OpenSuse https://software.opensuse.org/package/python3
[2] Ubuntu https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=python3
[3] Fedora https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/python3