[openstack-dev] [watcher] [monasca] Bare metal node N+1 redundancy and Proactive HA

Vu Cong, Tuan tuanvc at vn.fujitsu.com
Wed Oct 10 09:40:33 UTC 2018

Hi Alex,
Have a nice day.

Regarding to "Proactive HA", we decided to follow 3 steps:
1. Test Live Migration feature of Watcher (done for basic test)
Thanks to your great help via Watcher IRC channel, I have configured Live Migration successfully.
I have already performed several tests for "Host Maintenance" feature and it works!
I will make more tests for other strategies.

2. Check the list of metrics that Monasca supports for sending to Watcher (in progress)
At this moment, I'm reading this document:
https://github.com/openstack/monasca-agent/blob/master/docs/MonascaMetrics.md

Then, I will fill the gap for communication between Monasca and Watcher by uploading new patch to Monasca.

3. Integration Test
For making sure Proactive HA works well with other Openstack's components as expected.
This will be perform later after finishing 1 and 2.

Thanks again for your kind help, we really appreciate it, Alex.
Vu Cong Tuan