[openstack-dev] [cinder] [nova] Do we need a "force" parameter in cinder "re-image" API?

Erlon Cruz sombrafam at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 13:04:26 UTC 2018

If you are planning to re-image an image on a bootable volume then yes you
should use a force parameter. I have lost the discussion about this on PTG.
What is the main use cases? This seems to me something that could be
leveraged with the current revert-to-snapshot API, which would be even
better. The flow would be:

1 - create a volume from image
2 - create an snapshot
3 - do whatever you wan't