[openstack-dev] [all] Zuul job backlog

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Fri Oct 5 04:50:07 UTC 2018

On October 5, 2018 12:11:51 AM EDT, Abhishek Kekane <akekane at redhat.com> wrote:
>Hi Clark,
>
>Thank you for the inputs. I have verified the logs and found that
>mostly
>image import web-download import method related tests are failing.
>Now in this test [1] we are trying to download a file from '
>https://www.openstack.org/assets/openstack-logo/2016R/OpenStack-Logo-Horizontal.eps.zip'
>in glance. Here we are assuming image will be downloaded and active
>within
>20 seconds of time and if not it will be marked as failed. Now this
>test
>never fails in local environment but their might be a problem of
>connecting
>to remote while this test is executed in zuul jobs.
>
>Do you have any alternative idea how we can test this scenario, as it
>is
>very hard to reproduce this in local environment.

External networking will always be unreliable from the ci environment, nothing is 100% reliable and just given the sheer number of jobs we execute there will be an appreciable number of failures just from that. That being said this exact problem you've described is one we fixed in devstack/tempest over 5 years ago:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1190623

It'd be nice if we didn't keep repeating problems. The solution for that bug is likely to be the same thing here, and not relying on pulling something from the external network in the test. Just use something else hosted on the local apache httpd of the test node and use that as the url to import in the test.

-Matt Treinish