[openstack-dev] [tripleo][puppet] clearing the gate and landing patches to help CI

Wesley Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 18:11:42 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 8:29 AM Alex Schultz <aschultz at redhat.com> wrote:

> And master is blocked again.  We need
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/607952/
>
> Thanks,
> -Alex

I just got infra to put that patch on the top of the queue.
We also need https://review.openstack.org/#/c/607904/ reviewed ASAP

Thanks

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 9:02 AM Alex Schultz <aschultz at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey Folks,
> >
> > Currently the tripleo gate is at 21 hours and we're continue to have
> > timeouts and now scenario001/004 (in queens/pike) appear to be broken.
> > Additionally we've got some patches in puppet-openstack that we need
> > to land in order to resolve broken puppet unit tests which is
> > affecting both projects.
> >
> > Currently we need to wait for the following to land in puppet:
> >
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/I4875b8bc8b2333046fc3a08b4669774fd26c89cb
> > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/605350/
> >
> > In tripleo we currently have not identified the root cause for any of
> > the timeout failures so I'd for us to work on that before trying to
> > land anything else because the gate resets are killing us and not
> > helping anything.  We have landed a few patches that have improved the
> > situation but we're still hitting issues.
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1795009 is the bug for the
> > scenario001/004 issues.  It appears that we're ending up with a newer
> > version of ansible on the system then what the packages provide. Still
> > working on figuring out where it's coming from.
> >
> > Please do not approve anything or recheck unless it's to address CI
> > issues at this time.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Alex

Wes Hayutin

Associate MANAGER

Red Hat

<https://www.redhat.com/>

whayutin at redhat.com    T: +1919 <+19197544114>4232509     IRC:  weshay
<https://red.ht/sig>

View my calendar and check my availability for meetings HERE
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/b/1/embed?src=whayutin@redhat.com&ctz=America/New_York>