[openstack-dev] Dose anyone have use Vitrage to build a mature project for RCA or any other purpose?

Ifat Afek ifatafekn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 14:27:31 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 4:59 AM zhangwenqing <18800173600 at 163.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply!
> So how do you analyse the RCA?Do you ever use any statistics methods like time series or mathine learning methods?Or just use the method that Vitrage provides?
>

> zhangwenqing

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I somehow missed your mail.

Vitrage is not a monitoring tool. It does not perform statistic
calculations, health checks, etc. Instead, it gets topology and alarms from
several datasources (OpenStack or external), combines them in a topology
graph, and performs RCA analysis on top of the graph.

The RCA rules are defined in Vitrage templates [1]. In these templates, you
can define topology conditions and actions to be executed as a result, like
raise an additional alarm, modify a resource state, or mark root-cause
relationship between two alarms.

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/vitrage/latest/contributor/vitrage-template-format.html

Hope it helps,