[openstack-dev] [vitrage] I have some problems with Prometheus alarms in vitrage.

Ifat Afek ifatafekn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 13:46:22 UTC 2018

Hi,

Can you please give us some more details about your scenario with
Prometheus? Please try and give as many details as possible, so we can try
to reproduce the bug.

What do you mean by “if the alarm is resolved, the alarm manager makes a
silence, or removes the alarm rule from Prometheus”? these are different
cases. None of them works in your environment?

Which Prometheus and Alertmanager versions are you using?

 Please try to change the Vitrage loglevel to DEBUG (set “debug = true” in
/etc/vitrage/vitrage.conf) and send me the Vitrage collector, graph and api
logs.

Regarding the multi nodes, I'm not sure I understand your configuration. Do
you mean there is more than one OpenStack and Nova? more than one host?
more than one vm?

Basically, vms are deleted from Vitrage in two cases:
1. After each periodic call to get_all of nova.instance datasource. By
default this is done once in 10 minutes.
2. Immediately, if you have the following configuration in
/etc/nova/nova.conf:
notification_topics = notifications,vitrage_notifications

So, please check your nova.conf and also whether the vms are deleted after
10 minutes.

Thanks,
Ifat