[openstack-dev] [ironic] Tenks

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 17:55:43 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 9:17 AM Mark Goddard <mark at stackhpc.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 at 17:10, James LaBarre <jlabarre at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/2/18 10:37 AM, Mark Goddard wrote:

>>> in
>>> features
>>>
>>> How does Tenks relate to OVB?
>>>

>>> https://openstack-virtual-baremetal.readthedocs.io/en/latest/introduction.html
>>

>> Good question. As far as I'm aware, OVB is a tool for using an OpenStack
>> cloud to host the virtual bare metal nodes, and is typically used for
>> testing TripleO. Tenks does not rule out supporting this use case in
>> future, but currently operates more like the Ironic devstack plugin, using
>> libvirt/KVM/QEMU as the virtualisation provider.
>>

>> I'm presuming, as Tenks is supposed to support multiple hypervisors, that
>> a multi-arch environment would be supported (different node types on
>> different architectures).  Or does this even enter into the consideration?
>>

> I think that would be a good feature to consider in future, although it's
> not something that works currently.

I think it would be a very important thing to have as we branch out into
different architectures. I would personally love to see an ARM64 CI job. To
actually put that job in place would mean major changes to VM creation
which would be beneficial to put in one place. Long story short, I'm all
for additional spoons.