[openstack-dev] [tripleo] [quickstart] [networking-ovn] No more overcloud_prep-containers.sh script

Jiří Stránský jistr at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 10:23:17 UTC 2018

>> Yes I know, but based on the deployment details we have for networking-ovn
> it should be enough, we will have to update those documents with the new
> changes anyway, because surprisingly this change has came for "Rocky" last
> minute. Why did we have such last minute change? :-/
>
> I understand the value of simplifying workflows to cloud operators, but
> when we make workflow changes last minute we make others life harder (now I
> need to rework something I want to be available in rocky, the migration
> scripts/document).

Yea it's hard to strike a good balance there. It threw off updates and
upgrades too. The upload is internally done via external_deploy_tasks
which must not be run during `upgrade prepare` and `upgrade run` (or
`update prepare` and `update run`). So likely Rocky updates/upgrades
don't work as expected right now, and we'll need `external-upgrade run
--tags image_prepare` inserted into the workflows. It's in my "queue of
things to look into ASAP" ;D.

Jirka