[openstack-dev] [Tacker] Redundancy VNFFG module in tacker

Trinh Nguyen dangtrinhnt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 09:03:31 UTC 2018

Hi Hosung,

Here are a couple suggestions you can follow.

1. You can first follow the OpenStack contributor guidelines and set up the
needed accounts [1].
2. After you have the launchpad account,  register a blueprint for your
feature in Tacker's launchpad [2].
3. Clone the Tacker Specs repository to your local dev environment [3].
Write a spec (detail about your feature, implementation plan, etc.) for
your feature. Commit. and then 'git review' to push your spec to Gerrit [4]
for the Tacker team to review and comment.
4. After the spec has been approved by the core reviewers and Tacker's PTL,
you can start working on the implementation the same way when you write the
spec:

   - Clone the needed repositories (tacker, python-tackerclient, or
   tacker-horizon) to your local dev environment
   - Make changes
   - Commit and review
   - Wait for other to comments and refine your changes.

You can join the Tacker's IRC chat channel (#tacker) to talk to other
Tacker developers.

Hope that will help.

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/contributors/code-and-documentation/index.html
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tacker
[3] https://github.com/openstack/tacker-specs
[4] http://review.openstack.org

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 4:50 PM 백호성 <sungbogo28 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear tacker project members,
>
> Hello. I am Hosung Baek and Ph.D.student at Korea Univ.
>
> I am interested in the VNFFG feature in Tacker project, and I want to
> develop the "Redundancy VNFFG module" in tacker.
>
> As far as I know. it is difficult to apply the VNFFG configuration where
> there is low loss requirement such as DetNet and URLLC.
>
> Because there is no module for reliable VNFFG.
>
> The module to be developed is described as follows.
>
> It is a function to construct a disjoint VNFFG by adding redundancy VNFFG
> module to the tacker VNFFG feature and to transmit the data to two disjoint
> paths.
>
> To implement this module, two VNFFGs must be configured for one network
> service and the function to remove redundant packets in two different paths
> is required.
>
> I want to develop this module and contribute this to tacker project.
>
> So could you tell me the contribution process in OpenStack tacker project
> if possible?
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Hosung Baek.

*Trinh Nguyen*