[openstack-dev] [nova] about live-resize the instance

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 17:28:02 UTC 2018

On 11/4/2018 10:17 PM, Chen CH Ji wrote:
> Yes, this has been discussed for long time and If I remember this
> correctly seems S PTG also had some discussion on it (maybe public Cloud
> WG ? ), Claudiu has been pushing this for several cycles and he actually
> had some code at [1] but no additional progress there...
> [1]
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:abandoned+topic:bp/instance-live-resize

It's a question of priorities. It's a complicated change and low
priority, in my opinion. We've said several times before that we'd do
it, but there are a lot of other higher priority efforts taking the
attention of the core team. Getting agreement on the spec is the first
step and then the runways process should be used to deal with actual
code reviews, but I think the spec review has stalled (I know I am
guilty of not looking at the latest updates to the spec).

Matt