[openstack-dev] [publiccloud-wg] Serving vendor json from RFC 5785 well-known dir

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Mon Nov 5 12:26:05 UTC 2018

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018, Monty Taylor wrote:

> I've floated a half-baked version of this idea to a few people, but lemme try
> again with some new words.
>
> What if we added support for serving vendor data files from the root of a
> primary URL as-per RFC 5785. Specifically, support deployers adding a json
> file to .well-known/openstack/client that would contain what we currently
> store in the openstacksdk repo and were just discussing splitting out.

Sounds like a good plan.

I'm still a vexed that we need to know a cloud's primary host, then
this URL, then get a url for auth and from there start gathering up
information about the services and then their endpoints.

All of that seems of one piece to me and there should be one way to
do it.

But in the absence of that, this is a good plan.

> What do people think?

I think cats are nice and so is this plan.