[openstack-dev] [stable] [tooz] [ceilometer] cmd2 without upper constraints causes errors in tox-py27

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed May 30 15:44:03 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Jeremy Stanley's message of 2018-05-30 13:00:31 +0000:
> On 2018-05-30 14:42:58 +0200 (+0200), Julien Danjou wrote:
> [...]
> > The question is: why cmd2 0.9.0 does not work and how do we fix that?
>
> The cmd2 maintainers decided that they no longer want to carry
> support for old Python interpreters, so versions starting with 0.9.0
> only work on Python 3.4 and later:
>
>     https://github.com/python-cmd2/cmd2/issues/421

I expect we're going to see more and more upstream tools dropping
python 2 support as we approach the 2020 deadline. It would help
the community immensely if we had a few people who could become
familiar enough with environment markers and requirements specification
to be ready to help folks fix the problems that come up when we
have future cases. I'm sure the requirements team would be happy
to help find documentation and explain the fix for this specific
case if you have questions.

Doug