[openstack-dev] FW: [cinder]

Walsh, Helen Helen.Walsh at dell.com
Thu May 24 09:34:42 UTC 2018

Sending on Michael's behalf...

From: McAleer, Michael
Sent: Monday 21 May 2018 15:18
To: 'openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org'
Subject: FW: [openstack-dev] [cinder]

Hi Cinder Devs,

I would like to ask a question concerning Cinder CLI commands in DevStack 13.0.0.0b2.dev167.

I stacked a clean environment this morning to run through some sanity tests of new features, two of which are list manageable volumes<https://docs.openstack.org/python-cinderclient/latest/cli/details.html#cinder-manageable-list> and snapshots<https://docs.openstack.org/python-cinderclient/latest/cli/details.html#cinder-snapshot-manageable-list>. When I attempt to run this command using Cinder CLI I am getting an invalid choice error in response:

stack at openstack-dev:~/devstack$ cinder manageable-list openstack-dev at VMAX_ISCSI_DIAMOND#Diamond+DSS+SRP_1+000297000333
[usage output omitted]
error: argument <subcommand>: invalid choice: u'manageable-list'

The same behaviour can be seen for listing manageable-snapshots also, invalid choice error. I looked for a similar command using the OpenStack Volume CLI but there wasn't any similar commands found which would return a list of manageable volumes or snapshots.

I didn't see any deprecation notices for the command, and the commands worked fine in earlier DevStack environments in this Rocky dev cycle, so just wondering what the status is of the commands and if this is possibly an oversight.

Thanks!
Michael

Michael McAleer
Software Engineer 1, Core Technologies
Dell EMC | Enterprise Storage Division
Phone: +353 21 428 1729
Michael.Mcaleer at Dell.com<mailto:Michael.Mcaleer at Dell.com>
Ireland COE, Ovens, Co. Cork, Ireland