[openstack-dev] [StarlingX] StarlingX code followup discussions

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed May 23 20:53:18 UTC 2018

I think a good start would be a concrete list of the places you felt you
needed to change upstream and the specific reasons for each that it wasn't
done as part of the community.

For example, I look at your nova fork and it has a "don't allow this call
during an upgrade" decorator on many API calls. Why wasn't that done
upstream? It doesn't seem overly controversial, so it would be useful to
understand the reasoning for that change.

To be blunt I had a quick scan of the Nova fork and I don't see much of
interest there, but its hard to tell given how things are laid out now.
Hence the request for a list.

Michael

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 6:36 AM, Dean Troyer <dtroyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 2:20 PM, Brian Haley <haleyb.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Even doing that is work - going through changes, finding nuggets,
> proposing
> > new specs.... I don't think we can expect a project to even go there, it
> has
> > to be driven by someone already involved in StarlingX, IMHO.
>
> In the beginning at least it will be.  We have prioritized lists for
> where we want to start.  Once I get the list and commits cleaned up
> everyone can look at them and weigh in on our starting point.
>
> dt
>
> --
>
> Dean Troyer
> dtroyer at gmail.com

Did this email leave you hoping to cause me pain? Good news!
Sponsor me in city2surf 2018 and I promise to suffer greatly.
http://www.madebymikal.com/city2surf-2018/