[openstack-dev] [StarlingX] StarlingX code followup discussions

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Wed May 23 16:49:16 UTC 2018

On Tue, May 22, 2018, at 10:57 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:

> Are any of the distributions of OpenStack listed at
> https://www.openstack.org/marketplace/distros/ hosted on openstack.org
> infrastructure? No. And I think that is completely appropriate.

Hang on, that's not quite true. From that list I see Mirantis, Debian, Ubuntu, and RedHat, who all have (or had until recently) significant parts of their distros hosted on openstack.org infrastructure and are/were even official OpenStack projects governed by the TC.

It's also important to make the distinction between hosting something on openstack.org infrastructure and recognizing it in an official capacity. StarlingX is seeking both, but in my opinion the code hosting is not the problem here.

Colleen