[openstack-dev] [cyborg] [nova] Cyborg quotas

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 07:11:55 UTC 2018

@Chris yes we are actively exploring this option :)

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 2:27 PM, Chris Friesen <chris.friesen at windriver.com>
wrote:

> On 05/19/2018 05:58 PM, Blair Bethwaite wrote:
>
>> G'day Jay,
>>
>> On 20 May 2018 at 08:37, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> If it's not the VM or baremetal machine that is using the accelerator,
>>> what
>>> is?
>>>

>> It will be a VM or BM, but I don't think accelerators should be tied
>> to the life of a single instance if that isn't technically necessary
>> (i.e., they are hot-pluggable devices). I can see plenty of scope for
>> use-cases where Cyborg is managing devices that are accessible to
>> compute infrastructure via network/fabric (e.g. rCUDA or dedicated
>> PCIe fabric). And even in the simple pci passthrough case (vfio or
>> mdev) it isn't hard to imagine use-cases for workloads that only need
>> an accelerator sometimes.
>>

> Currently nova only supports attach/detach of volumes and network
> interfaces. Is Cyborg looking to implement new Compute API operations to
> support hot attach/detach of various types of accelerators?
>
> Chris

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Product Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado