[openstack-dev] Setting-up NoVNC 1.0.0 with nova

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun May 20 13:37:05 UTC 2018

Hi there!

The novnc package in Debian and Ubuntu is getting very old. So I thought
about upgrading to 1.0.0, which has lots of very nice newer features,
like the full screen mode, and so on.

All seemed to work, however, when trying to connect to the console of a
VM, NoVNC attempts to connect to https://example.com:6080/websockify and
then fails (with a 404).

So I was wondering: what's missing in my setup so that there's a
/websockify URL? Is there some missing code in the nova-novncproxy so
that it would forward this URL to /usr/bin/websockify? If so, has anyone
started working on it?

Also, what's the status of NoVNC with Python 3? I saw lots of print
statements which are easy to fix, though I even wonder if the code in
the python-novnc package is useful. Who's using it? Nova-novncproxy?
That's unlikely, since I didn't package a Python 3 version for it.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)