[openstack-dev] [all][api] late addition to forum schedule

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri May 18 13:38:26 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Jeremy Stanley's message of 2018-05-18 00:03:35 +0000:
> On 2018-05-17 18:47:06 -0500 (-0500), Matt Riedemann wrote:
> > On 5/17/2018 5:23 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> > > Not to troll too hard here, but it's kind of frustrating to see that
> > > twitter trumps people actually proposing sessions on time and then
> > > having them be rejected.
> >
> > I reckon this is because there were already a pre-defined set of slots /
> > rooms for Forum sessions and we had fewer sessions proposed than reserved
> > slots, and that's why adding something in later is not a major issue?
>
> Yes, as I understand it we still have some overflow space too if
> planned forum sessions need continuing. Session leaders have
> hopefully received details from the event planners on how to reserve
> additional space in such situations. As far as I'm aware no proposed
> Forum sessions were rejected this time around, and there was some
> discussion among members of the TC (in #openstack-tc[*]) before it
> was agreed there was room to squeeze this particular latecomer into
> the lineup.
>
> [*] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/%23openstack-tc.2018-05-14.log.html#t2018-05-14T17:27:05

Yes, that's right.

I do remember that we've had sessions rejected in the past (for
space considerations or to avoid overbalancing the schedule with
too many sessions on a given topic), but it feels like it has been
quite a while since that happened. Maybe I'm wrong? Has that been
a persistent problem?

Doug