[openstack-dev] [tripleo] [barbican] [tc] key store in base services (was: Encrypted swift volumes by default in the undercloud)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed May 16 20:54:50 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-16 17:42:09 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
[...]
> Unfortunately, I'm unable to find any follow-up summary on the
> mailing list from the aforementioned session, but recollection from
> those who were present (I had a schedule conflict at that time) was
> that a Castellan-compatible key store would at least be a candidate
> for inclusion in our base services list
[...]

As Jim Rollenhagen pointed out in #openstack-tc, I was probably
thinking of the earlier Pike PTG session the Architecture WG held,
summarized at:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-February/113016.html

Ensuing discussion yielded that there was no good reason to rename a
library even if the Oslo team was going to officially adopt it
(which for castellan they subsequently did in March 2017).
--
Jeremy Stanley