[openstack-dev] [horizon] Scheduling switch to django >= 2.0

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun May 13 18:23:15 UTC 2018

On 05/11/2018 05:14 PM, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> Hi zigo and horizon plugin maintainers,
>
> Horizon itself already supports Django 2.0 and horizon unit test covers
> Django 2.0 with Python 3.5.
>
> A question to all is whether we change the upper bound of Django from
> <2.0 to <2.1.
> My proposal is to bump the upper bound of Django to <2.1 in Rocky-2.
> (Note that Django 1.11 will continue to be used for python 2.7 environment.)

All this is nice, thanks for working on Django 2.x. But Debian Buster
will be released with Django 1.11 and Python 3.6. So what I need, as far
as Debian is concerned is:

- Python 3.6 & Django 1.11 for Rocky (that's for Debian Buster).
- Python 3.6, probably even 3.7 and Django 2.0 for Stein (that's for
after Buster is released).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)