[openstack-dev] [all][monasca] pysnmp autogenerated code

Stefano Canepa sc at linux.it
Thu May 10 15:01:26 UTC 2018

On 10 May 2018 at 10:55, Ilya Etingof <ietingof at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Stefano,
>
> The best solution would be of course to fix pysmi code generator [1] to
> behave. ;-)

​This is something that pysmi author already gives for granted in the
Release notes.
I bet you know this better then me ;-)​

> On the other hand, if you won't include the autogenerated code into your
> package, the code generation would happen just once at run time - the
> autogenerated module would get cached on the file system and loaded from
> there ever after.
>
> Theoretically, not pinning Python MIB in your package has an advantage
> of letting pysmi pulling newer ASN.1 MIB and turning it into Python
> whenever newer MIB revision becomes available.

​Ilya you're confusing me. Do you mean that, even if I load my MIB and all
other it depends on from ASN.1, they are compiled into python byte code and
cached and blah blah? ​

​All the best
Stefano