[openstack-dev] [all][monasca] pysnmp autogenerated code

Stefano Canepa sc at linux.it
Thu May 10 09:45:33 UTC 2018

All,
I'm writing a notification plugin for monasca that forward alarms using
SNMP. I'm using pysnmp and I'm transforming my MIB into python so it can be
loaded faster in my code.

The issue I have is that the utility from pysmi (pysnmp dependency) does
not generate good pycodestyle code even if this is supposed to. Manual
editing autogenerated code to get it pass pep8 gate does not look like a
good idea to me, have you ever faced this same problem? Is there an easy
and clean solution?

Any help is really appreciated.

All the best
Stefano

Stefano Canepa sc at linux.it or stefano at canepa.ge.it
www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience, and hubris.
(Larry Wall)