[openstack-dev] FW: [docs][openstack-ansible] Stepping down from core

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Wed May 9 13:22:04 UTC 2018

Man I’m so smart I sent a Dear John letter to the ML and forgot the subject header.

SMOOTH MOVE.

From: Alexandra Settle <a.settle at outlook.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 2:13 PM
Cc: Petr Kovar <pkovar at redhat.com>, Jean-Philippe Evrard <jean-philippe at evrard.me>
Subject: [openstack-dev][docs][openstack-ansible]

Hi all,

It is with a super heavy heart I have to say that I need to step down as core from the OpenStack-Ansible and Documentation teams – and take a step back from the community.

The last year has taken me in a completely different direction to what I expected, and try as I might I just don’t have the time to be even a part-time member of this great community :(

Although I’m moving on, and learning new things, nothing can beat the memories of  SnowpenStack and Denver’s super awesome trains.

I know this isn’t some acceptance speech at the Oscars – but I just want to thank the Foundation and everyone who donates to the travel program. Without you guys, I wouldn’t have been a part of the community as much as I have been and met all your lovely faces.

I have had such a great time being a part of something as exciting and new as OpenStack, and I hope to continue to lurk in the background of IRC like a total weirdo. I hope to perform some super shit karaoke with you all in another part of the world :) (who knows, maybe I’ll just tag along to PTG’s as a social outing… how cool am I?!)

I’d also like to thank Mugsie for this sweet shot which is the perfect summary of my time with the OpenStack community. Read into this what you will:

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3E79F.EFDEF8E0]

Don’t be a stranger,

Alex

IRC: asettle