[openstack-dev] [cinder] [placement] cinder + placement forum session etherpad

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Wed May 9 12:56:58 UTC 2018

I've started an etherpad for the forum session in Vancouver devoted
to discussing the possibility of tracking and allocation resources
in Cinder using the Placement service. This is not a done deal.
Instead the session is to discuss if it could work and how to make
it happen if it seems like a good idea.

The etherpad is at

     https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-cinder-placement

but there's not a great deal there yet. Notably there's no
description of how scheduling and resource tracking currently works
in Cinder because I have no experience with that.

This session is mostly for exploring and sharing information so the
value of the etherpad may mostly be in the notes we take at the
session, but anything we write in advance will help keep things a
bit more structured and focused.

If this is a topic of interest for you please add some notes to the
etherpad, or if you prefer, here.

Thanks.