[openstack-dev] [TripleO] TripleO deployment on OVB on public cloud

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Mon May 7 14:13:26 UTC 2018

Hi,

I wanted to make everyone aware that I recorded a demo of running an OVB
deployment on a public cloud.  As I say in the video, this is
significant because in the past OVB has largely been limited to running
in our special-purpose CI clouds, which have distinctly finite capacity
and are generally not as available for developer access.  Anybody can
use a public cloud though, and it opens up a bunch more potential capacity.

Anyway, the demo and a more detailed writeup are available here:
http://blog.nemebean.com/content/openstack-virtual-baremetal-public-cloud

It's running on Vexxhost because that's the first public cloud I found
that had all the features necessary to run OVB.  If anyone knows of
others that meet the requirements I'd certainly be interested to hear
about it.

Hopefully this can help with the developer hardware constraints that we
seem to be constantly fighting in TripleO.  Let me know if you have any
feedback.

Thanks.

-Ben