[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-16, May 7-11

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu May 3 12:24:24 UTC 2018

Just what you've been waiting for, our regular release countdown email.

Development Focus
-----------------

With Rocky-1 passed, teams should be focusing on feature development and
release goals.

The Forum [1] schedule [2] is set and hopefully teams are preparing for some
good discussions in Vancouver. This is a great opportunity for getting feedback
on existing and planned features and bringing that feedback to the teams.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Forum
[2] https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/summit-schedule/global-search?t=Forum

General Information
-------------------

We have cycle-with-intermediary projects without a release yet. Please take a
look and see if these are ready to do a release for this cycle yet. It's best
to "release early, release often".

automaton
blazar-nova
castellan
ceilometermiddleware
cliff
debtcollector
glance-store
heat-translator
ironic-lib
kuryr
ldappool
oslo.context
ovsdbapp
pycadf
python-aodhclient
python-barbicanclient
python-blazarclient
python-brick-cinderclient-ext
python-cinderclient
python-cloudkittyclient
python-congressclient
python-cyborgclient
python-designateclient
python-ironic-inspector-client
python-karborclient
python-magnumclient
python-masakariclient
python-muranoclient
python-octaviaclient
python-pankoclient
python-qinlingclient
python-searchlightclient
python-senlinclient
python-solumclient
python-swiftclient
python-tricircleclient
python-vitrageclient
python-zaqarclient
requestsexceptions
stevedore
sushy
taskflow
tosca-parser

Some of these have significant changes merged, while some may just have things
like requirements updates or zuul job changes. Please take a look at what has
merged since the last release and see if it would be a good time to do another
release.

Also make sure to do regular stable releases, assuming there are bugfixes ready
to be made available.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Forum at OpenStack Summit in Vancouver: May 21-24
Rocky-2 Milestone: June 7

--
Sean McGinnis (smcginnis)